I did the “what about _____ is important to me” task, and I really didn’t feel it was ‘working’ until the final phrase… it ended up that I want to know more about myself, and it honestly didn’t occur as a response until the final line. I was hoping to get more insight, but that will take time — perhaps I will revise it in a few weeks! Anyway — here is the list of questions I developed:
- What about filmmaking is important to me?
Connecting with people
2. What about connecting with people is important to me?
It’s exciting and I feel less alone
3. What about excitement and feeling less alone is important to me?
It’s basically the meaning of life, surely?
4. What about experiencing the meaning of life is important to me?
I think that encompasses all we have and our reason for being here.
5. What about encompassing all we have and our reason for being here is important to me?
It makes me feel as though life is worth living.
6. What about life being worth living is important to me?
I’m trying not to be cynical, but this is getting ridiculously existential and self-evident…
7. What about trying not to be cynical in the face of what is existential and self evident is important to me?
I want to complete the task, and find out more about myself.